Concealed Carry Reciprocity Guide
These are subject to change at any time. You should confirm the current regulations with the areas you intend to travel. You must comply with all local laws, regardless of your permit status.
Permitless carry states:
Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia.
|New Hampshire (1,3,4,5)|
|New Mexico (1)|
|North Carolina (1)|
|North Dakota (3,5)|
|South Carolina (1,4,5)|
|South Dakota (1,3)|
|West Virginia (1)|
(1) While Florida’s law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols only, not weapons in general. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states.
(2) The State of Vermont does not issue weapon/firearms licenses. Florida licensees – indeed, licensed or unlicensed citizens from any state – may carry in Vermont. This presents a problem for reciprocity with Florida. Florida law provides that an out-of-state resident must have in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm. Since Vermont residents have no such license, the right to concealed carry cannot be extended to them under Florida law.
(3) Individuals under 21 years of age qualify for concealed weapon licenses in these states. HOWEVER, any licensee of these reciprocity states who is not 21 years of age or older is prohibited from carrying a concealed weapon or firearm in Florida.
(4) These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license only if the licensee is a resident of the state of Florida.
(5) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida’s reciprocity provision.
Although there are many states that will recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit, the State of Utah has formal reciprocity (written agreement) with the following states (Click on the name of the state for further information):
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- Washington State
- West Virginia
The following states recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit. (Click on the name of the state for further information):
The following states DO NOT recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit. (Click on the name of the state for further information):
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina